Our improved transfer system boasts:
- Scene by Scene Density Adjustment - As your film is digitized, the technician will manually adjust the scene to offer the best possible balance of clarity and overall look for that specific scene.
- Manual Retiming of Movie - 8mm and Super8 film used to run at frame rates ranging from 16 to 23 frames per second. Current standards for DVDs is 29.97 frames per second. To compensate for this discrepancy, other companies simply speed up the reel to match current standards. This causes the "silent movie" effect where everyone seems to be in a rush and moving quickly. Since we are capturing your reels frame-by-frame, we can retime the movie to appear at a normal speed without loss of quality or flicker.
- Flicker Free Playback - Since we digitize your film frame-by-frame and manually retime the movie, you no longer get the flicker effect that plagues so many other transfers.
- Full Frame Capture - We capture as much of the film as possible with no stretching or distorting of your movie to give you the most of your movie.
- Menu with Selectable Chapters - We create DVDs with full menus and chapter selections so you can watch either all of the movies or select just the reels you want to watch.
- Transfer in Order - Each reel is used to create a chapter on the DVD. If you would like them in a specific order, simply number the reels and we will transfer them in that order.