Due to copyright laws, we cannot transfer any movie that is copyrighted including commercial movies, concerts, sports events, TV broadcasts without written permission from the owner of the copyright. While under "fair use" regulations, you yourself are allowed to make backup copies, we cannot offer this service as a business charging money for our service. It is illegal for us to do so. Before having ScanMyPhotos.com transfer your VHS tape to DVD, you agree to indemnify our company of all copyright restrictions. You agree not to have us violate any copyright laws. Your personal movies that are not copyrighted are ok, but if you have anything, from TV shows, theatrical movies, or anything that you do not own the rights to make sure not to send it to us. We are serious and honor all copyright laws.
Articles in this section
- Can I see a sample of the 8mm transfer?
- Why don't you transfer in Hi-Def?
- Do you do any enhancements to my 8mm reels?
- How many 8mm/Super8 reels do you put on each DVD?
- Do you transfer sound from my Super8 reels?
- Do you keep a copy of your customer's video?
- Do you view your customer's home movies?
- After conversion of the VHS tapes to DVD, can the DVD's be saved to my computer and edited?
- Why is there a limit of 2 hours per disc? Can you transfer longer videotapes?
- I am worried about the quality of output movie. Does conversion from VHS to DVD degrade the quality?